OPEN FOR PUBLIC COMMENT(S)
Proposed Modification to AOAC Official Method 988.06 Specific Gravity of Beer and Wort
July 18, 2017 [Rockville, MD]:
The AOAC Research Institute announces a notification of a proposed change in status of an AOAC Final Action Official Method 988.06 Specific Gravity of Beer and Wort Digital Density Meter Method (Final Action 2008) ASBC–AOAC Method. The open public comment period for the proposed modification of AOAC Official Method 988.06 will be posted for a minimum of 30 days. The comment period opens on Friday, July 21, 2017
and closes Friday, September 29, 2017
. Comments will be compiled, reviewed, and intended to obtain input on the proposed modification. The documents may be revised if necessary, based on comments received. Any interested party may submit comments.
A modification to AOAC Official Method 988.06 Specific Gravity of Beer and Wort Digital Density Meter Method (Final Action 2008) ASBC–AOAC Method is being proposed. Please see the following information regarding the modification:
Summary of Proposed Modification or Extension
1) The addition of the following section is being proposed for this method:
(a) Applicability: The method is applicable for the determination of Specific Gravity of Beer, Wort and non-pulpy fruit juice beverages.
(b) To include journal reference to the journal article for OMA 988.06.
J. Am. Soc. Brew. Chem. 36, 118(1978). Methods of Analysis (1992) 8th Ed., American Society of Brewing Chemists, 3340 Pilot Knob Rd, St. Paul, MN 55121, USA, Beer 2-B.
AOAC requests that the following guidelines be observed in providing comments regarding the above modification:
- Please specify if the comment is an editorial, content, or disagreement comment.
- Provide rationale as to why the comments should be considered.
- All comments are due within 30 days of the initial posting date (deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017). AOAC reserves the right to not to accept comments received after the deadline.
- Editorial comments provide additional clarification or correct typographical errors. Please suggest alternative wording or typographical corrections.
- Content-related comments provide technical clarity and comprehensiveness. Please suggest the appropriate technical language. Documents will be reviewed by AOAC for technical accuracy and clarity.
- Disagreement comments reflect a perspective on content documented/undocumented in the drafts. Please provide language that document the perspective or position.
To provide comments and review the proposed modification of AOAC Official Method 988.06, please use the link at HTTPS://FORM.JOTFORM.COM/61666298869175.