The Official Methods of Analysis, 19th Edition
The Official Methods of AnalysisSM, 19th Edition (print), is now available for purchase. The print edition is a 2-volume set (hard cover bound books; not a subscription). Following are highlights in the new edition:
- 31 Methods adopted as First Action
- 16 SMPRs developed and approved by AOAC stakeholder panels
- 7 Methods with major modifications
- 10 Methods with minor editorial revisions
- 7 New appendices on guidelines for SMPRs, voluntary consensus standards, probability of detection, validation of microbiological methods for foods and environmental surfaces, validation of dietary supplements and botanicals, single-laboratory validation of infant formula and adult nutritionals, and validation of food allergens
- A new subchapter on General Screening Methods (Chapter 17, subchapter 15) that includes screening methods for bacteria
- Updated information on program components of the Official MethodsSM process (found in the front matter)
AOAC also offers the Official Methods of AnalysisSM (OMA) online, which is an annual subscription and is a "continuous edition." New and revised methods are posted as soon as approved and ready which gives you the most up-to-date methods. AOAC offers several levels of online licenses to fit your needs as an individual or an organization, of any size.
For further information click here to visit AOAC’s bookstore or to request a quotation contact AOAC Customer Service at CustomerService@aoac.org.
Date: November 2, 2012
Revision: March 19, 2013