AOAC Seeks Technical Copy Editor
AOAC INTERNATIONAL is actively seeking a freelance technical copy editor with a strong command of the English language and a science background for its Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL. This part time contractor position will edit for technical accuracy, readability, and clarity while ensuring quality for copy, content organization, and adherence to guidelines and standards. Must be fluent in standard proofreading marks and have a high level of attention to detail. Science background is required.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate capabilities with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, English, or Communications with scientific experience or…
- Bachelors degree in Microbiology or Chemistry with communications/journalism experience..
- 5-7 years experience in publishing industry and/or science field
- Meticulous proofreading skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of standard proofreading marks
- Ability to working under pressure and meet deadlines
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Catherine Wattenberg, Production Manager, at email@example.com. Compensation will be offered at competitive hourly rates.