J. AOAC Int. to Feature Special Section on
Novel Methods for Determination of Pesticide Residues in Food, Feed, Water, and Soil Samples
The March/April 2010 issue of the Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL will feature a Special Guest Editor Section consisting of seven papers on Novel GC/MS, HPLC/MS, and HPLC-Diode Array Detector Based Methods for Determination of Pesticide Residues in Food, Feed, Water, and Soil Samples.
The special section was guest edited by Kaushik Banerjee, Senior Scientist, Agricultural Chemistry, of the National Research Centre for Grapes, of Pune, India. Banerjee says, “This special section provides worthwhile, up-to-date, high quality information regarding pesticide residue analysis in different food and environmental matrixes contributed by outstanding expert authors.”
The Special Guest Editor Section includes the following contributions:
- “Multi-Analyst, Multi-Matrix Performance of the QuEChERS Approach for Pesticide Residues in Foods and Feeds Using HPLC/MS/MS Analysis with Different Calibration Techniques,” by Steven J. Lehotay, Katerina Mastovska, Alan R. Lightfield, and Robert A. Gates
- “Multiresidue Analysis of Synthetic Pyrethroid Pesticides in Grapes by Gas Chromatography with Programmed Temperature Vaporizing–Large Volume Injection Coupled with Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry,” by Kaushik Banerjee, Rahul H. Savant, Soma Dasgupta, Sangram H. Patil, Dasharath P. Oulkar, and Pandurang G. Adsule
- “Efficiency Evaluation of the Main Multiresidue Methods Used in Europe for the Analysis of Amitraz and its Major Metabolites,” by Carmen Ferrer, Ana Agüera, Milagros Mezcua, Amadeo R. Fernández-Alba, Dorothea Mack, Michelangelo Anastassiades, and Miguel Gamón
- “Development and Validation of a Multiresidue Method for the Determination of Neonicotinoid and Macrocyclic Lactone Pesticide Residues in Milk, Fruits, and Vegetables by Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography/MS/MS,” by Alaa Kamel, Yaorong Qian, Elizabeth Kolbe, and Charles Stafford
- “Determination of Residual Carbamate, Organophosphate, and Phenyl Urea Pesticides in Drinking and Surface Water by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry,” by Chunyan Hao, Bick Nguyen, Xiaoming Zhao, Ernie Chen, and Paul Yang
- “Validation and Uncertainty Analysis of a Multiresidue Method for 67 Pesticides in Made Tea, Tea Infusion, and Spent Leaves Using Ethyl Acetate Extraction and Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry,” by Bappaditya Kanrar, Sudeb Mandal, and Anjan Bhattacharyya
- “Development of Methods for Multiresidue Analysis of Rice Post-Emergence Herbicides in Loam Soil and Their Possible Applications to Soils of Different Composition,” by Silvina Niell, Lucia Pareja, Lucía Geis Asteggiante, Rafael Roehrs, Ionara R. Pizzutti, Claudio García, Horacio Heinzen, and María Verónica Cesio
The Special Guest Editor Section, which was arranged by Acquisitions Editor Joseph Sherma, will appear in the March/April 2010 issue of J. AOAC Int. For additional information on this special section, please contact Catherine Wattenberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To subscribe to J. AOAC Int. or to purchase reprints of the Special Section, contact Customer Service at CustomerService@aoac.org or Tel: +1-301-924-7077 ext. 170, or visit http://www.aoac.org/pubs/jaoac.htm.