Market Manager, Food Testings
Reports to: Director, Food & Environmental Business Unit
Location: Framingham, MA or Concord, Ontario
Summary of Position:
Drives growth of all products in the food testing industry. Understands customers, market complexities and the competitive environment to define the winning solution. Identifies the product use scenarios, explores future growth opportunities, develops initial positioning and solutions for the market. Liases closely with key opinion leaders globally. Executes solutions initiatives (eg. product launches, channel support) and provides feedback to the Product Planning & Ideation team on the Market Requirement Documents (MRDs).
- Market Definition:
- Map needs within in all sub-segments of the food safety and nutrition testing market and ensure products can support current and future growth.
- Identify competitive and alternative offerings in the market. Assess their strengths and weaknesses. Develop a strategy for winning against the competition.
- Market Analytics
- Utilize internal reporting tools to analyze sales data and trends.
- Customer Collaborations:
- Set up and maintain collaborations with KOLs (key opinion leaders) to ensure that we derive the full benefits from these relationships.
- Product Positioning:
- Describe the product by its ability to solve market problems internally and externally. Create internal positioning documents that will be used to develop external messages focused on each key buyer or persona.
- Define, articulate and maintain buyer personas, user personas and use scenarios through collection and interpretation of voice of customer (VOC) to inform requirements.
- Own the Launch Plan of products, ensuring all departments are prepared for new product releases and all items are completed to launch the product externally.
- Provide the market input to the generation of IPG forms (Product Ideation)
- Sales Process Support:
- Assist with AB SCIEX’s selling process to the buying process, describing the key personas’ information needs for each step in the process.
- Create sales tools focused on specific steps in the selling process.
- Work with Global Marketing to develop technical sales training and value selling content for regional customization and rollout.
- Develop competitive responses for sales.
- Periodically participate in customer seminars to promote our company and our solutions.
- To annual market assessment and strategic and business plans
- To identification of strategic initiatives
- To technology assessment by bringing in new technologies for assessment in the context of the current and future market needs
- To Product Roadmap by articulating market challenges to Product Planning
- To decision around Product Discontinuation Analysis based on sales and forecast data
- To global and regional marketing plans
- To content for collateral, web, presentations & demos
- To channel support activities
Internal Key Interfaces:
- Product Planning to provide market insight to ideation and product requirements
- Regional commercial organization to understand market problems and providing channel support
- Global marketing for initial positioning and contribution to messaging
- Sales for technical and value selling training
External Key Interfaces:
- KOLs for development of collaborations
- Customers for VOC and persona development, customer satisfaction
- Current and future business partners for co-selling and marketing opportunities
- Revenue target met
- Product launch revenue target met
- Achieve annual pricing objective through value selling
- Develop and nurture collaboration relationships
- Quality and frequency of updates on the competitive landscape
- Quality and frequency of VOC
- Bachelors or Masters level technical degree in science; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience; in-depth food testing market knowledge
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Global experience is an asset
- Sales and marketing experience preferred
Apply via external website: www.absciex.com