The AOAC Laboratory Proficiency Testing
With other proficiency testing providers making their way into the analytical testing arena it is important to distinguish the difference in quality and service that the accredited AOAC Proficiency Testing Program offers to its participants. The AOAC Proficiency Testing Program was the first accredited program for analytical food laboratories in the United States,. It has been accredited for 11 years. Through those years AOAC has used its experience to build a superior quality program that rises above the rest. All of AOAC’s programs; microbiology, food chemistry, and pesticide residue programs, are accredited. Please see below why AOAC should be the first choice for your laboratory’s proficiency testing needs.
- More like Routine Samples-AOAC’s proficiency testing samples arrive at the laboratory ready to analyze like routine samples. AOAC’s samples go through rigorous homogeneity testing before the samples are shipped. Stability testing is completed at the round’s end. Some programs have samples that have to be prepared and mixed prior to analysis; this can present an opportunity for error and also takes additional time and resources.
- Historical Database-The AOAC program has a secure and confidential website database that stores all raw data submitted by participating laboratories and all result reports issued to them. If a laboratory ever needs to see what they have submitted, or needs additional copies of their reports, all they have to do is log into their AOAC proficiency testing account and they have immediate access to their submitted raw data and result report for all past and current testing rounds.
- Informative Reports-The AOAC reports offer a wealth of information that other programs do not provide. Each participating laboratory receives a report with information about their individual results and also information on all participating laboratories. Along with information on the test material preparation and summaries about the results, the quantitative reports also display the laboratory’s z-score results, standard uncertainty of the assign value, mean, SD, min/max, along with information on method performance. Plots include z-score plots and distribution plots.
- Secure and Confidential Website-AOAC’s proficiency testing website is secure and confidential. It allows participants to log on and submit responses, methodology, and results. Result reports are also issued electronically to the participants.
- Assign Reviewers-Participating laboratories can assign up to four additional reviewers for each round of testing. The reviewers can be anyone a laboratory would like to receive a copy of their results: accrediting bodies, lab managers, lab directors, quality assurance departments, etc. Simply assign them as a reviewer and they will be sent a link that gives them the ability to view and print the report for the round of testing you select.
- Samples used for evaluation- The AOAC Proficiency Testing Program has procedures in place to ensure that the result data the participating laboratories’ receive meets the requirements that were determined by an advisory task force consisting of international experts. If a sample fails to meet the requirements then that sample is flagged for review and may not be used for evaluation. Other programs do not have this type of screening process.
- Additional Rounds of Samples-AOAC now offers to its participating laboratories the opportunity to purchase additional rounds of samples of either the program they are already enrolled in for a year, or a different program of interest. This helps laboratories that may need additional samples for things such as: a nonconformance (lab needs additional samples to address a nonconformance), additional method validation, internal purposes, etc.
- Experts Available for Assistance-AOAC is a scientific association and has expert volunteers from industry and government that can assist in methodology or testing questions. This can be done confidentially, or confidentiality can be waived if the laboratory would like direct contact with the expert.
AOAC looks forward to your laboratory becoming a participant in our accredited proficiency testing program.
Today's analytical laboratories compete in a truly global marketplace. To succeed, an analytical laboratory must maintain the highest possible standard of accuracy and reliability. The AOAC INTERNATIONAL Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program enables laboratories to offer their products to markets worldwide. In fact, AOAC INTERNATIONAL has assumed a leadership role in providing proficiency testing programs to analytical laboratories. The program has grown to meet the needs of our ever-expanding field and currently offers a wide array of proficiency testing program modules in the areas of food microbiology, food chemistry, pesticide residues, and others. The Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program comes with AOAC INTERNATIONAL's commitment to provide:
- Independent assessment of the accuracy and reliability of your analytical data;
- Comprehensive testing programs offering a wide array of analytes and matrices;
- An Accredited program;
- A confidential and secure website to enter data and also retains the historical data entered;
- State-of-the-art electronic reports
- Access to international quality experts; and
- Expanding programs to meet your quality assurance needs.
In a highly competitive global marketplace, it is essential for analytical laboratories to maintain the highest possible standards of accuracy and reliability. No program fulfills a commitment to high standards in laboratory proficiency testing more then the A2LA accredited AOAC INTERNATIONAL Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program.
The AOAC INTERNATIONAL Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program was developed to meet the needs of analytical laboratories. The program helps laboratories achieve international credibility and compliance. When high quality homogeneous stable samples are combined with a commitment to provide responsive technical support and detailed reports, the AOAC INTERNATIONAL Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program is the choice for analytical laboratories.
Unlock a World of Opportunity
Companies that sell food products to markets throughout the world must maintain the highest possible standards of accuracy and reliability. AOAC INTERNATIONAL is the leader in providing proficiency testing programs that set the standard for quality of analytical laboratories. The quality of samples, responsive technical support, and the Associations historic commitment to laboratory quality ensures that the AOAC INTERNATIONAL Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program is the premier proficiency testing program available to analytical laboratories. To participate in any of the proficiency testing programs please complete an online enrollment form which can be located at http://www.aoac.org/proficiencytesting/2010_enrollment.pdf or contact AOAC Proficiency Testing Staff at LPTP@AOAC.org.
Demonstrate your commitment to quality, increase your world trade power, and establish your international credibility with comprehensive proficiency testing from AOAC INTERNATIONAL.
Proficiency Testing Programs for 2010:
Microbiology Programs (MO1, MO8, MO9)
Microbiology Program (MO2)
Microbiology Programs (MO3, MO4, MO5, M10)
Labeling Programs (CO1, CO2)
Residues in Fruits and Vegetables Program (PO1)
Salmonella in Liquid Egg Program (E01)