Modern Methods for Lipid Analysis by Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry and Related Techniques
William Craig Byrdwell
As the number of commercially available instruments having atmospheric pressure ionization (API) interfaces has increased, interest in liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) for lipid analysis has blossomed. Research into novel techniques for LC/MS is a lively source of journal article material, most notably regarding electrospray ionization and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization for analysis of lipids. Growing interest in modern API techniques for lipid analysis precipitated publication of this volume. The summary of LC/MS in this book will serve as a valuable reference and resource for those interested in moving into the field of lipid analysis using modern instrumentation. Modern Methods describes previous work that helped established the foundation of the field, while also demonstrating new data that is quickly defining a new level of “state-of-the-art.” Described herein are the methods that will be applied to lipids into the next decade and hopefully beyond.
- Atmospheric Pressure Ionization Techniques in Modern Lipid Analysis
- Analysis of Phospholipids by Liquid Chromatography Coupled with Online Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- Electrospray Ionization with Low-Energy Collisionally Activated Dissociation Tandem Mass Spectrometry of Complex Lipids: Structural Characterization and Mechanisms of Fragmentation
- Liquid Chromatography/Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry for Analysis of Oxidized Lipids
- Analysis of Fatty Acids by APCI-MS
- Regiospecific Analysis of Triacylglycerols using High Performance Liquid Chromatography/Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Triacylglycerols by Atmospheric Pressure Ionization (APCI and ESI) Mass Spectrometry Techniques
- Analysis of Carotenoids Using Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- Analysis of Molecular Species of Plant Glycolipids by HPLC/APCI-MS
- Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Biosurfactant Glycolipids Secreted by Microorganisms
- Analysis of Steroids by Liquid Chromatography— Atmospheric Pressure Photoionization Mass Spectrometry
- Toward Total Cellular Lipidome Analysis by ESI Mass Spectrometry from a Crude Lipid Extract
- Dual Parallel Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry for Lipid Analysis
Copyright © 2005 AOCS Press. 590 pages.
Hardbound. ISBN 1-893997-75-8.
Stock No. 10620