Call for poster abstracts
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the 2020 AOAC Annual Meeting will be virtual. AOAC is soliciting Abstract Submissions for consideration.
- Deadline for Poster Presenters to register: August 13, 2020
- Call for Abstracts closes at 11:59 pm EDT: August 18, 2020
- Notice of Final Poster acceptance: By August 25, 2020
- Submit Presentation: August 28 – September 1, 2020
- Virtual Poster Hall Opens: September 14, 2020
Pre-Registration Deadline for Authors
At least one of the Poster Authors must pre-register for the AOAC Virtual Annual Meeting in order to gain access to the Poster submission website.
Poster authors pre-registration deadline: August 13, 2020
Registration may take 2-3 business days to process. Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to access the submission site.
Register online today with a credit card.
Poster Viewing Days and Times
AOAC Virtual Posters may be viewed from September 14, 2020 – March 12, 2021. The final deadline to submit a Poster Abstract for inclusion in the Virtual Poster Hall is August 18, 2020.
Submission process and guidelines
Poster Authors will have the opportunity to submit a MP4 video, PowerPoint, Keynote, pdf or jpg presentation. Presentations may be submitted any time between 9:00am EDT, Friday, August 28 through 12:00pm EDT, Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Check back to this website soon for more details regarding this.
- All Abstracts submitted must comply with the abstract requirements to be considered for acceptance.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by August 25, 2020.
- Authors will be expected to register for the virtual meeting
- AOAC reserves the right to all video or audio recordings of presentations at the 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting.
Poster abstract submission instructions
- Pre-register for the Annual Meeting:
At least one of the poster authors must pre-register for the AOAC Virtual Annual Meeting by August 13, 2020 in order to gain access to the poster submission web site.
- Register online today with a credit card.
- Confirmation and Access for Abstract Submission:
Once you have registered, check your email for your pre-registration confirmation. With the email confirmation, you will be granted the URL link to submit your poster abstract online.
- Log-In Procedures for the Poster Abstract Submission Site:
After accessing the Submission Site, you will be directed to log in as a new user, to create a new account.
NOTE: The username/password for the submission site is NOT your AOAC account login/password. The submission site uses separate login credentials.
New and Returning Users
If you were a submitter last year, please sign in with your username and password from last year. Your username is your email address. If your email address has changed since last year (new employer, for example), do not use your previous email. Select, ‘Create New Account’ to create a new account. Check your email for a confirmation of your new account. From this email message, click “Confirm Account” to finish creating your account.
If you have not yet created an account in CATALYST, click “Create New Account” and set up an account. Check your email for a confirmation of your new account. From this email message, click “Confirm Account” to finish creating your account. Once confirmed, you can start your abstract confirmation submission.
All abstracts must be submitted via the online submission site.
- Abstract body only. Do not include title, authors, references, credits, or grant support.
- Use only text. You will not be able to enter graphs, charts, diagrams, boxes, borders or tables.
- Do not include keywords. AOAC does not publish a key words index.
- All abstracts must use correct grammar and punctuation. Proofread carefully for formatting, spelling and grammar. Abstracts will be published exactly as submitted.
- Abstracts dealing with commercial products or services must have a scientific emphasis and should not be submitted for promotion purposes.
- Special Characters: In most cases, Greek letters and other special characters will transfer from your word processing software. The “Ω” special character palette is available if needed.
- Character Limit: There is a limit of 1500 characters for the body text (including spaces) of your abstract submission.
Abstract withdrawal requests must be submitted to AOAC to [email protected] no later than August 18, 2020. If you choose to withdraw your Abstract prior to theAugust 18, 2020 submission deadline, you may delete the Abstract submission through the online submission system.
- Final Deadline: August 18, 2020 at 11:59pm EDT
- Submit Video/PowerPoint Presentation: August 28 – September 1, 2020. More information coming soon.
Notice of Final poster Acceptance
All Poster authors will be notified of their acceptance for presentation at the Annual Meeting by August 25, 2020.
If an author’s name appears on more than one Abstract, it must be identical on each Abstract. The submitting author is designated as the presenting or primary author.
The submitting author must verify that all co-authors have read and approved the Abstract submission.
Contest for first-time AOAC poster presenters
This contest is to encourage active participation of attendees to showcase their analytical work in the relevant areas of fields of research that fit the scope of AOAC. You must submit your Poster Presentation by August 18, 2020.
- AOAC-TPC (Technical Programming Council) will appoint a panel of judges representing expertise from diverse areas of analytical communities of AOAC.
- The posters will be evaluated based on content, oral delivery, discussion with presenters (Q/A) and overall formatting during the author’s presentation time at the Meeting. Eligibility to participate will be limited to first-time poster presenters only.
- The top five posters will be awarded plaques. The names of the winning presenters and first authors will be announced during the Virtual Annual Meeting Closing Announcements on Thursday, September 24, 2020.
- Winners will be published in the 2020 November/December issue of Inside Laboratory Management (ILM).
- In order to enter the contest, you must first register for the Annual Meeting. Once registered, you may submit a poster presentation through the online submission site. More details regarding the Contest are located on the submission site.
Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL poster publication
Poster Presenters are encouraged to submit full papers, along with their Posters, for consideration of publication in the Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL. These submissions will undergo J. AOAC Int. peer review, and, if accepted, the papers will be published in J. AOAC Int. online and in print. For more information, contact Jennifer Diatz, [email protected], in the AOAC Publications Department. Submissions for J. AOAC Int. must accompany the Poster Presentations.
Official meeting language
The official language of the AOAC Annual Meeting is English.
Questions or assistance
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1-301-924-7077 ext. 114