Before attending the AOAC Virtual Annual Meeting & Exposition, be sure to read through these tools & tips to make the most out of your experience.
Equipment and Materials
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to an event. This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
- AOAC recommends you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
- For your browser, AOAC recommends you use the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the Meeting.
- For your operating system, AOAC recommends Microsoft Windows 8 or later or MacOS 10.13 or later.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual meeting (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- A wired connection using an ethernet cable is recommended over a wi-fi connection to provide more stability. The recommended internet speed is at least 20mbps down/10 mbps up. To test your internet speed on your device, go to www.fast.com.
- If using a wi-fi connection, boost your Wi-Fi strength by sitting close to your router, having as few obstructions between you and your router as possible (i.e.: walls, microwaves, tvs).
- If you have any problems within the platform, please contact email@example.com.
Engagement Through the Chat & Q&A Features
- AOAC encourages you to use the Chat function to network with other participants, share ideas, and greet one another.
- The panelists and moderators will not be checking the chat function so if you have a question for the panelists, please use the Q&A box located under the video window. Panelists will answer questions after all speakers have presented.
Make the Most of Your AOAC Virtual Annual Meeting & Exposition Experience
- To plan your days, check out the full conference schedule.
- Within the platform be sure to explore all areas of the Meeting, including the Exhibit Hall and Poster Hall.