This student scholarship, supported by contributions from Herbalife Nutrition, is designed to encourage student researchers who are advancing analytical or molecular (DNA) testing.
- Be currently enrolled or accepted in a full-time degree-granting graduate program
- Be engaged with research in analytical or molecular testing with special emphasis in botanicals, macro or micro-nutrients, or contaminants (chemical, biological, and environmental).
Prize and Expectations for the Winner(s)
- $4,000 cash prize per year for education purposes
- A $1,000 travel fund to attend the AOAC INTERNATIONAL Annual Meeting
- Complimentary AOAC student membership
- Complimentary registration to attend the AOAC INTERNATIONAL Annual Meeting for the winner and their advisor
- Complimentary travel and lodging for the winner and their advisor to visit Herbalife Nutrition headquarters, where the student will be expected to present their research. Provided by Herbalife directly.
Applicants must submit:
- Applicant and advisor contact information
- Semester and year in which the applicant began their graduate program
- Area of study
- Personal statement of applicant’s educational and career objectives (no more than 3,500 characters without spaces; must be related to the science designated for the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship)
- One letter of recommendation from graduate school advisor or other faculty member from applicant’s graduate program (in PDF format)
- Current transcript (in PDF format)
- An abstract (300 word maximum) describing the research that details the objective and applicability for the research, methodology, and rationale for selection of the project
The next application period will open in the spring of 2022.
Applications will be judged by a panel of analytical science experts from industry, government, academia, and nonprofit sectors.