August 14, 2020
DEADLINE: September 5, 2020.
AOAC INTERNATIONAL (AOAC) announces the availability of a draft standard method performance requirements (SMPR) for Human Milk Oligosaccharides:
- 3-fucosyllactose (3-FL)
- 3’-sialyllactose (3’-SL)
- 6’-sialyllactose (6’-SL)
- difucosyllactose (DFL)
- lacto-N-tetraose (LNT)
The draft SMPRs represent the stakeholder panel deliberations. In accordance with AOAC standard developing procedures, the draft document must be posted for an open public comment period.
The working group comment period opens on August 6, 2020 and closes on September 5, 2020. Comments will be compiled and reviewed, and the documents may be revised, if necessary, based on comments received.
AOAC requests that the following guidelines be observed in providing comments:
- For specific comments, please state the line number and/or range of line numbers in each document for which the comment applies.
- Provide rationale as to why the editor should consider the comment.
- Please specify if the comment is an editorial, content, or disagreement comment.
- Editorial comments provide additional clarification or correct typographical errors. Please suggest alternative wording or typographical corrections.
- Content-related comments provide technical clarity and comprehensiveness. Please suggest the appropriate technical language. Documents will be reviewed by AOAC for technical accuracy and clarity.
- Disagreement comments reflect a perspective on content documented/undocumented in the drafts. Please provide language that document the perspective or position.
- All comments are due September 5, 2020. The AOAC editorial team will address all questions and reserves the right to not to accept comments received after the deadline.
- Click here to view the 3-fucosyllactose (3-FL) draft Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR).
- Click here to view the 3’-sialyllactose (3’-SL) draft Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR).
- Click here to view the 6’-sialyllactose (6’-SL) draft Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR).
- Click here to view the difucosyllactose (DFL) draft Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR).
- Click here to view the lacto-N-tetraose (LNT) draft Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR).
To provide comments to the draft Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR):
Click to provide comments on the draft Standard Method Performance Requirements for for Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO)
or copy & paste link in browser: https://form.jotform.com/AOACINT/Open-for-comments-aoac-hmo-SMPR
For technical information on how to provide comments, contact Delia Boyd, Senior Manager at [email protected] or via telephone: 301-924-7077 ext. 126.