November 25, 2019
DEADLINE: December 20, 2019.
Call for Comments – Draft Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR®) for Quantitative Microbiology Methods for Food and Environmental Samples
Open for 30-Day Public Comment Period
November 18, 2019: AOAC INTERNATIONAL (AOAC) announces the availability of a draft standard method performance requirements (SMPR) for: Quantitative Microbiology Methods for Food and Environmental Samples.
The draft SMPR represent the stakeholder panel deliberations. In accordance with AOAC standard developing procedures, the draft document must be posted for an open public comment period. View the Draft SMPR >
The public comment period opens on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 and closes Wednesday, December 20, 2019. Comments will be compiled and reviewed, and the documents may be revised, if necessary, based on comments received.
AOAC requests that the following guidelines be observed in providing comments:
- For specific comments, please state the line number and/or range of line numbers in each document for which the comment applies.
- Provide rationale as to why the editor should consider the comment.
- Please specify if the comment is an editorial, content, or disagreement comment.
- Editorial comments provide additional clarification or correct typographical errors. Please suggest alternative wording or typographical corrections.
- Content-related comments provide technical clarity and comprehensiveness. Please suggest the appropriate technical language. Documents will be reviewed by AOAC for technical accuracy and clarity.
- Disagreement comments reflect a perspective on content documented/undocumented in the drafts. Please provide language that document the perspective or position.
- All comments are due within 30 days of the initial posting date (deadline: December 20, 2019). The AOAC editorial team will address all questions and reserves the right to not to accept comments received after the deadline.
To provide comments on the draft Standard Method Performance Requirements for Quantitative Microbiology Methods for Food and Environmental Samples, click here.
For technical information on how to provide comments, contact Delia Boyd, Senior Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone: 301-924-7077 ext. 126.