Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC INTERNATIONAL (OMA) is a publication of AOAC INTERNATIONAL comprised of more 3,000 validated methods.
Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC INTERNATIONALTM (OMA) is the most comprehensive and reliable collection of chemical and microbiological methods and consensus standards available. Many Official Methods have been adopted as harmonized international reference methods by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Dairy Federation (IDF), International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), and the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
New in the 21st Edition
- 40 New Methods
- 45+ Standard Method Performance Requirements
- 15 Final Action Methods Adopted
- 7 Method Modifications
For specific questions about a method, please contact [email protected]
- Print: A hardcover three-volume set (not a subscription).
- Online: Via an annual subscription, available through a variety of individual and organizational licenses. Additions and revisions are posted as soon as approved.
- In late 2022, online OMA content will be migrated to a new, state-of-the-art, responsive platform hosted by Oxford University Press. Learn more >
- Single methods are available in PDF format on a fee per method basis: $50 per method for members, $95 per method for non-members. Fee is for permission to save and make one copy. Not for intranet or internet posting.
The 3-volume print edition of Official Methods of AnalysisTM is $675 for Members, $870 for Non-Members, plus shipping. This pricing is valid through spring 2022.
Online Annual Subscription (based on number labs/size of organization)
- Single User, AOAC Member: $120, Single User, Non-AOAC Member: $870
- TIER THREE: 1 to 5 Labs, Organization or Small University: $1,000
- TIER FOUR: 5 to 15 Labs, Organization or Medium University: $2,000
- TIER FIVE: 16 to 30 Labs, Organization or Large University: $3,000
- TIER SIX: 31+ Labs or an Organization: $4,000
Oxford University Press 2023 Pricing
Oxford University Press will be the publisher of the Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC INTERNATIONALTM (OMA). Pricing for 2023 is listed below.
Online Annual Subscription (based on number of full-time employees, or FTEs):
- <1,500 FTEs: $1,200
- 1,500-10,000 FTEs: $2,400
- 10,001-20,000 FTEs: $3,000
- 20,001-40,000 (FTEs): $3,600
- >40,000 FTEs: $4,800
- Print: $695
- Online: $125
- Online-only access (developing country rate): $60
- Online-only access (student rate): $40
- Print: $950
- Print (developing country rate): $675
- Print (student rate): $675
- Online-only access: $950