Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) is a publication of AOAC INTERNATIONAL comprising over 2,500 validated methods.
Official Methods of Analysis℠ (OMA) is the most comprehensive and reliable collection of chemical and microbiological methods and consensus standards available. Many Official Methods have been adopted as harmonized international reference methods by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Dairy Federation (IDF), International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), and the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
New in the 21st Edition
- 40 New Methods
- 45+ Standard Method Performance Requirements
- 15 Final Action Methods Adopted
- 7 Method Modifications
For specific questions about a method, please contact [email protected]
- Print: A hardcover three-volume set (not a subscription).
- Online: Via an annual subscription, available through a variety of individual and organizational licenses. Additions and revisions are posted as soon as approved.
- Single methods are available in PDF format on a fee per method basis.
The 3-volume print edition of Official Methods of Analysis is $675 for Members, $870 Non-Members—plus shipping.
Online Annual Subscription
- Single User, AOAC Member: $120, Single User, Non-AOAC Member: $870
- 1 to 5 Labs Organization or Small University: $840
- 5 to 15 Labs Organization or Medium University: $1,670
- 16 to 30 Labs Organization or Large University: $1,800
- 31-100 Labs Organization: $3,000