Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) is a publication of AOAC INTERNATIONAL comprised of more 3,000 validated methods.
Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) is the most comprehensive and reliable collection of chemical and microbiological methods and consensus standards available. Many Official Methods have been adopted as harmonized international reference methods by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Dairy Federation (IDF), International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), and the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
New in the 21st Edition
- 40 New Methods
- 45+ Standard Method Performance Requirements
- 15 Final Action Methods Adopted
- 7 Method Modifications
For specific questions about a method, please contact [email protected]
- Print: A hardcover three-volume set (not a subscription).
- Online: Via an annual subscription, available through a variety of individual and organizational licenses. Additions and revisions are posted as soon as approved.
- Single methods are available in PDF format on a fee per method basis, $50 per method for members, $95 per method for non-members. Fee is for permission to save and make one copy. Not for intranet or internet posting.
AOAC 2021 Pricing
The 3-volume print edition of Official Methods of Analysis is $675 for Members, $870 for Non-Members, plus shipping. This pricing is valid through December 31, 2021.
Online Annual Subscription (based on number labs/size of organization)
- Single User, AOAC Member: $120, Single User, Non-AOAC Member: $870
- TIER THREE: 1 to 5 Labs, Organization or Small University: $1,000
- TIER FOUR: 5 to 15 Labs, Organization or Medium University: $2,000
- TIER FIVE: 16 to 30 Labs, Organization or Large University: $3,000
- TIER SIX: 31+ Labs or an Organization: $4,000
Oxford University Press 2022 Pricing
Online Annual Subscription (based on number of full-time employees, or FTEs):
- <1,500 FTEs: $1,200
- 1,500-10,000 FTEs: $2,400
- 10,001-20,000 FTEs: $3,000
- 20,001-40,000 (FTEs): $3,600
- >40,000 FTEs: $4,800
- Print: $695
- Online: $125
- Online-only access (developing country rate): $60
- Online-only access (student rate): $40
- Print: $950
- Print (developing country rate): $675
- Print (student rate): $675
- Online-only access: $950