The AOAC Editorial Board is seeking members for a 3-year term. Editorial Board members play a key role in AOAC publications and contribute to the overall Association strategic plan.
The AOAC Editorial Board consists of AOAC members who serve as the expert advisory group on matters dealing with publications in support of AOAC’s mission and vision. The Editorial Board preserves and enhances the reputation of the Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL as a trusted source of high-quality scientific information by:
* Developing and maintaining a strategy and goals for J. AOAC Int. and other AOAC publications
* Developing and promoting activities that raise the level of standing of J. AOAC Int.
* Periodically reviewing quality and relevance of J. AOAC Int. content to the scientific community
* Encouraging authors to submit quality manuscripts and/or special topic sections
* Providing guidance to editors on the scope of J. AOAC Int.
* Recruiting and appointing J. AOAC Int. editors and associate editors and monitoring their performance
Editorial Board members implement and monitor publication policies governing editorial matters and content, as well as other matters pertinent to the Association’s scientific peer-reviewed publications; recommend changes in publication policies to the AOAC Board of Directors; and establish policies and procedures for performing peer review of supplemental materials, including raw data, videos, etc.
Members serve for a term of 3 years and may be reappointed for one additional 3-year term. Interested parties must actively be involved in the work of the Editorial Board, including, but not limited to, promptly responding to communications, attending and participating in meetings, reviewing meeting background materials and agendas prior to meetings, and accepting and following through on assignments.
The deadline to submit CVs is April 30, 2023. For more information or to send resumes, contact Jennifer Diatz, AOAC Director of Publications.