March 15, 2022
The AOAC Research Institute (AOAC RI) is issuing a call for laboratories that specialize in analytical microbial testing of water matrices for risk indicators of fecal contamination. The selected independent laboratory or laboratories would participate in the AOAC RI’s Performance Tested MethodsSM program for the validation of methods indicative of fecal contamination in drinking waters.
Interested laboratories interested in becoming involved should:
- Have the ability to obtain drinking water from a variety of sources
- Have access to a culture collection appropriate for the validation needs and the ability to provide a list of strains and characterization information
- Have experience with the reference method U.S. EPA Method 1604
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Participate in the AOAC method validation training course
- Apply to become an AOACRI Independent Laboratory
- Preferably be accredited under ISO 17025
If interested and for all questions or inquiries, contact Zerlinde Johnson at [email protected] or Sharon Brunelle at [email protected].