AOAC INTERNATIONAL is seeking candidates to serve on the AOAC Committee on Safety and Security!
This new committee, which operates under the AOAC Official Methods Board (OMB), will work directly under the guidance and support of the OMB Working Group on Safety and Security to accomplish some key goals. It is a great opportunity for AOAC members to gain leadership and committee experience while creating a culture of safety and security. For more information on the responsibilities and expected composition and organization of the Committee, please review the Committee’s Terms of Reference.
All nominees must complete the Nomination Form. Nominations must include a brief statement of each nominee’s specific skill sets and experience including but not limited to:
• Laboratory safety including microbiology and/or chemistry;
• Assessment of safety and/or security in emerging technologies such as Next Generation Sequencing;
• Laboratory physical and/or electronic security;
• Enjoy advising and serving / passion for training and teaching in this area;
• General familiarity with AOAC programs;
• Willingness to carry out the duties and responsibilities in the Terms of Reference; and
• Work cooperatively with other volunteers, stakeholders, experts, and staff.
The AOAC OMB will vet all nominations and those approved will form the Committee’s roster, thereby initiating the new Committee on Safety and Security. Nominees will be required to provide a CV and a Letter of Support upon consideration.
The creation of this new committee from representatives across membership will continue AOAC’s commitment to safety and security. Please participate in this important process by nominating a member (or yourself) for service.
Click here to learn more about the Official Methods Board and its responsibilities.