January 31, 2022
AOAC INTERNATIONAL (AOAC) invites method authors and developers to submit relevant methods that may meet the Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPRs) for Quantitative Analysis of Mycotoxins in Cannabis Biomass and Cannabis Derived Products.
An AOAC Expert Review Panel will review submitted method manuscripts that include expected validation data for consideration of AOAC First Action Official Methods of AnalysisSM status. Methods adopted as AOAC First Action Official Methods will be published by AOAC INTERNATIONAL.
Candidate methods must be able to identify and quantify listed mycotoxins; please refer to SMPR 2021.010 for details. Acceptable methods must demonstrate that they meet the appropriate SMPR, therefore, being reliable and reproducible when used by trained analysts in accredited laboratories. Any analytical technique(s) that measures the analytes of interest and meets the method performance requirements in the SMPR will be considered.
AOAC Method Submission Requirements and Deadlines
Method authors may submit methods for review to the Official Methods of Analysis℠ (OMA) program. Method authors with rapid commercial and proprietary methods may opt to submit methods for review to the Performance Tested Methods℠ (PTM) program only; to the OMA program only; or to the PTM program first and then to the OMA program thereafter.
Official Methods of Analysis℠ (OMA) Program
- Candidate methods must be submitted in AOAC OMA and the data formulated into a manuscript in Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL format. Please see the Instructions to Authors.
- Full single laboratory validation is required followed by a reproducibility study.
- Application fees apply for rapid commercial proprietary methods only.
- Methods and manuscripts must be submitted by specified deadlines.
Performance Tested Methods℠ (PTM) Program
- Candidate methods are rapid commercial proprietary methods only.
- Full single laboratory validation and manufacturing QC studies are required along with an independent laboratory study.
- Methods may be submitted any time throughout the year.
- Application and program related fees apply.
- Method author orientation sessions. To express interest, contact Christopher Dent at [email protected].
- At a Glance Instructions to Authors are available to assist method authors in formatting their method manuscripts.
- AOAC Consulting Services to draft validation testing protocols, format methods and manuscripts for PTM and OMA programs. Application fees apply for this service. To use Consulting Services for PTM, contact Nora Marshall at [email protected]. To use Consulting Services for OMA, contact Deborah McKenzie at [email protected].